fot

Re: DOT windshield requirements

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DOT windshield requirements
From: Rosspemlee@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 19:23:24 EST
Marty,
On my replica, race car "Rosebud" I installed the Brooklands shields with
enough room so I can still use the original W/S. On the early TR3's and 3A's
the cowl was drilled and had a captive nut installed so you could do this.
They discontinued these in late '58 or early '59.
As a test I had the inspection folks (private garages in NC) put the sticker
on the left Brooklands shield. You can see it through the W/S when the it is
installed. What I don't know is what the police will say about the fact that
the W/S wipers won't work with the Brooklands shields. Of course I'm pretty
sure what they will say about the exhaust coming off the header and straight
out the right side in front of the wheel.< :o) >
The only policeman I have encountered so far, was a NC State Trooper who just
grinned and gave me a thumbs up! My kind of people!
Doug Ross
Rosebud Racecar