fot

Re: DOT windshield requirements

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: DOT windshield requirements
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:36:57 -0700
Marty,

In Colorado you can now put a year of manufacturer license plate on your
car. The drawback is that it currently only applies to pre 1942 vehicles.
On the other hand, we have some folks running around with Brooklands
screens on the street and seem to be having no problems doing so.  Even
some replica Sports Racing cars running on the street with only
rudimentary wind screens. Actually, I think everyone mentioned is running
either the regular plates or the "Collector" series plates.

Bugs-in-the-teeth motoring,
Bill 70 GT-6+

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:12:32 EST MJSUKEY@cs.com writes:
> Hypothetically speaking, if one were to want to build a mostly race
> car and
> yet wanted to be able to run historic license plate so that one
> could drive
> around the block for tweaking or to drive to local events and one
> would also
> want to remove the windshield to get rid of the weight. Just what
> are the
> minimum requirements for having that chunk of clear stuff in front
> of your
> face?  I see the catalogs selling "Brookland Type Racing Screens".
> Is
> something like this streetable? Heck the bikers don't need anything
> except
> sunglasses!  Any body out there got any idea?
>
> Marty Sukey

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!