fot

RE: DOT windshield requirements

To: "'BillDentin@aol.com'" <BillDentin@aol.com>, jrhill@chorus.net,
Subject: RE: DOT windshield requirements
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:03:15 -0800
Me too. I got hit right on the end of the nose with a wad of rubber off
the back wheel of the Devin Triumph driven by Tony Garmey on the entrance
to the chicane at PIR. I had perhaps a 1/2" slot and the 1/2" wad of
rubber and gravel came through without touching helmet or visor (or at
least  that's how it seemed). Both eyes teared up so bad I wandered out of
the chicane like a lost pup.  Took me another half lap to catch and pass
Tony. I swear he did it on purpose.

A week later I got my eyes lasered and I don't have to worry about fogged
glasses anymore.

Last year in the Radical I got hit right in the middle of the visor at the
end of the back straight at PIR (140+) with a bolt. Looked like 1/2" by 1
5/8" SAE as it zinged by, though I couldn't swear to it. Might have been
coarse thread. Thank God for Lexan.