fot

Re: Government assault on our toys!

To: mporter@zianet.com, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Government assault on our toys!
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:15:31 EST
In a message dated 1/6/02 10:21:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mporter@zianet.com writes:

<<
 I'll bet, though, that NADA lobbyists have had some influence in
 crafting the language of all such legislation, since it would ultimately
 have the effect of increasing new car sales.

This is exactly what is going on: Force people who do a lot of wrenching on
their own cars to buy new cars.  They don't want you maintaining cars year
after year and putting over 100,000 miles on them to save money.  This is
what I have done most of my life.

A lot of the pollution scares are being abused for personal interests.  My
younger brother spent over 30 years with DuPont before retiring.  DuPont sold
their refrigerant patents (R-12, R-11, R-22, etc.) to the European countries,
and tried to eliminate these refrigerants in this country.  This action would
enhance the sales of their own environmentally friendly refrigerants.

Where is the greenhouse effect?  We just got six inches of snow dumped on us!
 Are the polar caps melting and flooding the coastal towns?  I haven't seen
it yet.

The pink lady was handing out "revolt against junk car legislature
literature" during our last SCCA meeting.