fot

Re: Camshaft failure? :(

To: kaskas@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Camshaft failure? :(
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:34:42 -0700
Kas,

If idle at start up is the best way to go,  why do some cam regrinders /
manufacturers  insist that the engine never be allowed to run below 2000
rpm for the first five minutes or so. Seems that Isky lists that method
for its cams. It always bothered me to fire up a new engine and bring it
up to 2 grand since there are so many other things to be worrying about
at that moment and idle would be more comfortable. The one thing that is
consistent in both methods is maintaining the speed constant.

On a completely unrelated topic. Have you tested various designs of
exhaust headers on the six cylinder engines? If so, what works better, 6
equal length into 1, or 3 into 2 into 1, or some other design?

Thanks,
Bill 70 GT-6+

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!