fot

Re: Camshaft failure? :(

To: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Camshaft failure? :(
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:25:14 -0800
Good point on the assembly lube.  I also found that the Kendall oil was
great when I was running the turbcharger business.  In fact I was doing some
stuff for the NASA people and when I put them onto the Kendall diesel motor
oil their turbo bearing failures completly went away. That is very cool that
you are testing the tappets. Any cam worth much will probably have a tapered
lobe cause that is about the only way you are going to get the tappet to
rotate.