fot

Re: G-3 cam set up

To: RKramer@rdoequipment.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: G-3 cam set up
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:06:03 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/02 9:49:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
RKramer@rdoequipment.com writes:

<< The closest we can get to this using a checking setting of 50 but it's
 inlets at 54-70 and exhaust 81-47. Obviously we're doing something wrong.
 Does anyone know at what point you are supposed to check a G-3 cam?

When degreeing in a G-3 cam, you use a checking clearance of 0.10," not a
0.50" clearance.  Other cams that I used, the specifications say use a 0.50"
clearance.  I still never got all of the opening and closing readings exactly
right.  I settled for setting the No. 1 intake valve to open as closely as
possible to where it should open, and then let all of the other valves open
and close wherever they wanted to close.  Your cam probably wasn't reworked.