fot

Re: faulty parts alert

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: faulty parts alert
From: "MARY HODGSON &" <STLNYC@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:59:53 -0600
Uncle Jack & all FOT'ers
    The stock lifters from Moss were a massive problem & have been pulled
from stock.  I had problems with them being too big for the lifter bores &
the face hardness wasn't!  This came to light before the end of last year
when I was overhauling an engine for one of my customers.  I spoke with
Kelvin Dodd @ Moss & he said that they would only supply the lightweight
competition lifters (part# 838-260) until they could find a vendor with a
proper stock lifter.  The lightweight lifters are killer & only cost a
couple of dollars more apiece.
                                                    Fred Hodgson