fot

Re: faulty parts alert

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>, "Jack W. Drews"
Subject: Re: faulty parts alert
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:11:52 -0500
At 08:13 AM 4/26/02 -0500, Larry Young wrote:

>FoTers,
>Also be aware, there is a supply of 2nd gear transmission bushings that are
>too short (shorter than the width of the gear).  Moss is still selling
>them,  TRF doesn't have any.  Does anyone know where I can get bushings the
>correct size?

I don't know where you can get good ones. I too had a problem with my top
hat second gear bushing from Moss. Mine wasn't too short, but the bushing
did not fit onto the mainshaft properly. We had to do a light honing to get
it to fit. Also, the outer surface just below the "brim" was not machined
properly, and the bushing did not fit all the way down into the gear. I
reported these findings to Moss, and while I received a reply with further
questions, I never received an answer as to their findings.

Irv