fot

Tires

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires
From: "Richard Hardison" <BlueShadow@starband.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 16:32:34 -0400
As some of you know, Ed Barnard built a first class 1959 TR3A for me during
the past two years.  Due to our relocation to North Carolina, I have only
raced it twice (June '01 and Feb. '02), both times at Texas World Speedway
with CVAR.  Although I have raced vintage cars for six years, all of my prior
experience has been in formula cars (FF and FB).

I am running Hoosier Vintage TD 5.50X15 tires.  To compete in the CVAR
Classics Group (pre 1960) I must run tires that are at least 60 series tall,
so my tire options are few.  While I certainly am not fast in the car yet, I
have no real problems with the Hoosiers. They react about as I expected for a
43 year old car, very different from a FB on 12" Avons, but a lot of fun.

See everyone at Mid-Ohio.

Richard