fot

Tires

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:17:38 -0500
Well, I've tried to keep quiet on this one but can't resist.

I know that there are bigger, stickier, tires, sometimes legal and
sometimes not, compared to Hoosiers. It feels great to race on them.
However, we really have not noticed cars similar to ours cornering any
faster than us.

I think the main thing to be overcome in switching to Hoosiers is the
difference in "feel" during transition. Radial tires and bias tires act
quite differently during those few nanoseconds when you're going from a
straight to a curved path.

We think it's wonderful fun to feel that little set take place and then
stand on the gas and go through the corner on full throttle, feeling like
hero sprint car drivers.