fot

Re: Ohio picture needed

To: Rikrock@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ohio picture needed
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:40:35 EDT
Since the Mid-Ohio Gestapo has come to be mentioned...
Was anybody but myself offended to see a public employee on full duty on
private property and did anybody else think the Security at Mid-Ohio was
somewhat heavy-handed?  I respect that they are trained to deal with full
scale professional events with thousands of spectators but they struck me as
way beyond appropriate for a club event.  Just my opinion...
Steve Smith

<< Amici,

 Well.... uh.....yeah.....it was me. I confess.  I got pulled over by a cop
on
 a racetrack.  Who'd a thunk it?  For the record, though, I wasn't going THAT
 fast.  Never broke the tires loose, not even a little.

 I figured if I went out as the last car in the parade I could kind of lay
 back and play catch up, never thinking there might be a cop "sweeping" the
 course.

 Bad things can happen when you don't check your mirrors.  As we came on to
 the front straight, he pulled along side my car (I think his lights were
 flashing) and pointed for me to pull over.  He chewed me out pretty good, no
 citation, but he did tell me that he "better not see this car in the parade
 lap on Sunday".  He didn't.

 It would be nice to have a picture of the stop.  Might make for a funny
 Christmas card....;-)

 Rich Rock
 Pottstown PA