fot

Re: Lifter Hardness

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lifter Hardness
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:44:28 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/02 11:16:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<< I just look at them and either toss or reuse. ALL the cam folks
 say this is huge no-no. So is reusing old good lifters from junk engines >>

One old theory was to take good old lifters somewhere to have them refaced.
Then if the engine is torn down and the same cam is to be reused,  drive
eight nails into a board (partially) and number these nails one to eight with
a marking pen.

Hang the lifters on the numbered nails and put the same lifter back into the
same hole.  Do the same with pushrods.  Drill eight holes in the board and
number them.

I am still not saying that this is the best practice, but I have never had
trouble with lifters or push rods as of yet (except in engine explosions).