fot

Re: Lifter Hardness

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, twakeman@cruzers.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lifter Hardness
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:53:12 EDT
Amici:

We were involved with BRITISH FRAME & ENGINE and 'the problem' when the GT40
cam followers were discovered.  Kevin Potter, our engine builder, came up
with the idea to keep the sleeves in the freezer until need to make them fit.

Seems to me, there was also an opinion at the time that part of the problem
involved the fact that to work, all of the pieces needed to be of similar
hardness.  One could not be hard and another soft, etc.  It was felt this was
a contributing factor.

Bill