fot

Re: Phantom Grip LSD

To: "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>, "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: Phantom Grip LSD
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:46:37 +1200
I can see exactly how it is supposed to work. The springs force the two
plates against the internal diff side gears, and depending on the forces
involved will prevent them from turning to some extent when cornering so
providing a "limited" amount of slip, limited in that the friction on the
gears depends on the strength of the springs. A very simple idea that could
do with being investigated more under various driving conditions. Unlike the
Quaife LSD centres (which I thought were totally indestructable) this unit
won't make the diff any stronger.
John Kipping