fot

Re: Phantom Grip LSD

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Phantom Grip LSD
From: "T.R. Scratchings" <wob@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:28:51 +0100
This is an interesting thread - glad someone's trying one out. I'm still in
the dark as to the modus operandi of these things - where is the clutch area
to provide any kind of progressive lock-up? The normal plate/Salisbury
diff.s have a considerable area of clutch plate to ride on, depending on
interleaf;
where is the friction generated in the PG  units, and over what area? What
is the effect on a trailing throttle under braking? We can alter the ramp
angles on the Salisbury to change throttle on/off characteristics, though
currently 45/45 are the norm. It'd be interesting to try one of these things
on a powerful IRS TR -maybe we'll order one. Are you there Jon Whiteley?
Click click!