fot

Continuing saga of my Diff (Quaife)

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Continuing saga of my Diff (Quaife)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:56:30 -0700
I sent the Quaife off to Quaife America to have it checked out and the
prognosis was that it was ok!

That left me baffled as to what let go.  So I dug into it today to see what was
amiss.

What I found was that the temporary axle I had patched had broken at the weld.
This is the one that broke in August.  I had it patched so that I
could compete until the new ones I had made by Moser Engineering arrived.  I
installed the new ones today and I doubt I will be having that trouble
for a while.  Now I am anxiously waiting to see what the next weak point is.

So I guess John Kipping remains correct in his statement that the Quaife is
indestructible!  :)

I will be adding a 1" spacer between the diff and spring to lower the car and
Hopefully, that will put me in better shape as I seem to be slower since
installing the 22" ones!

Cheers,
Joe (C)