fot

Re: Watkins Glen Race Report

To: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, <BillDentin@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen Race Report
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:28:39 -0700
Been there with "funny" gas. With the high octane rating you need to use
more ignition advance as the retarded engine will raise the EGT really high
and quickly along with the balance of the engine, also, with a high rating
the fuel is buring very slow and thus with lots of camahaft overlap you will
sometimes having the exhaust valve open into a combustion still on progress.
No good, that.