fot

Re: Any FOT "Manufacturers" of "Spats" for Triumph Rally TR7V8

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Any FOT "Manufacturers" of "Spats" for Triumph Rally TR7V8
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 11:58:35 -0500
BillDentin@aol.com wrote

> In a message dated 12/31/2002 4:41:53 PM Central Standard Time,
> EISANDIEGO@aol.com writes:
> > I am using the term "spat'" for the white fiberglass/plastic
>
> Not sure...but in the old days, when the Brit's said, "Spats", they
referred
> to what we called "Fender Skirts", covering the rear wheel well openings.
> think they were a dealer option on the TR2/3s.
>
> Bill Dentinger

That's my recolllection too...and the availability of "spats" on the
TR was for a very limited time with the TR-2.  Several original
sets have been around on restored cars and I believe someone
actually may have reproduced a set or two at some point.  They are
pretty scarce items and I'd find them unusual as an item used on
a competition car.

I have no recollection of seeing anything similar for TR-7s.

Cheers and Happy New Year everyone.

Bill Sohl