fot

Re: Any FOT "Manufacturers" of "Spats" for Triumph Rally TR7V8

To: elliottd <elliottd@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Any FOT "Manufacturers" of "Spats" for Triumph Rally TR7V8
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 17:37:50 -0500
happy new year list.  cary is referring to what was common on the cars when you
had to cover the top of the tire.  witht he advent of the larger tires in the
early '70's, scca rules said the tires had to be cover when "viewed fro the
top". several companies made fiberglass "eyebrow" that were bonded to the top of
the fender opening.  these were called spats and were the basis of the today's
flared fender.  very common on mini's when fitted with wider wheels.  ted

--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive