fot

TR3A cooling

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A cooling
From: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:19:34 -0500
I will tell everyone how my TR3 is set up. I have hit 210 degrees on a
hot day at VIR but that is unusual.
I use a stock Tr3 radiator that was recored with a modern core and no
crank hole. The water pump bypass
Is blocked and I use a TR6 thermostat that has no disc. Just a body to
slow down the water. You can not fill
The radiator all the way up. That big neck is the expansion tank. I fill
mine until I see water about < inch deep in the neck.
It has never pushed any into the catch bottle. If you fill the neck up
it will push some out.
I do use an electric fan with a manual switch. I only run it when
sitting still. I do use it to cool down the radiator after
A session.
On the wide mouth cars also make sure you have a shrould around the
sides and across the top.
Remember guys no cheating and raising the back of the hood up or screen
wire in place of the headlights
Dean Tetterton