fot

Re: Suspension Thoughts

To: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension Thoughts
From: "David Wingett" <elkhorn@core.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 12:03:10 -0500

> For the guy's running SCCA that is fine. Cut off the whole mess and put
> on unequal upper and lower A-arms and coil over shocks. Get out there
> and beat
> Those RX7's.

            Now your getting the Idea !!!!    Hate those RX7's and the
Miatas and the Hondas...all of them.   And mostly their Factory
sponsorship!!   Pick up a catalog from Howe (888) 484-3946 , Port City (800)
441-6875 or Coleman and see what is available in way of suspension parts.
         For those running under current SCCA Full Prep Prod rules, all
suspension , linkage and pick-up points are "open".  (unrestricted)

        We are restricted however to old, VERY expensive Jag. front brakes.
Which is were I will now make a pitch again to my fellow racers.  Drop a
line to the SCCA Comp board  (  compboard@scca.com  )  and support a request
that    Sam Halkias and I have made to allow the current SCCA TR6 E-Prod
cars to be allowed "open"  brakes.
     We have found that the old Jag brakes are  1) good cores hard to locate
and expensive.  2) the seals are made for every day & hobbyist drivers not
the demands of today's racing. Needing to be changed after 1-2 races.   3)
the TR6 auto-xers and performance hobbyists are all looking for more modern
brakes and even turning to a Toyota truck caliper & rotor or other
conversions rather then the front Jag set up.  4) Let them know how even the
"Vintage" community has difficulty in locating and maintaining these parts.
        We are also asking for larger chokes, from 28mm to 34mm.  After 30
years of private development, if we are ever going to breath new life into
these engines we need larger chokes.   The new cars are coming off the show
room floor with close to 200 hp and 100k mi warranty's.  Our engines are
stressed to the max to get that and need major rebuilding every 4 races.  We
have not been allowed any completive adjustments since being allowed the Jag
brakes.  Asking for these allowances now, for these 30+ year cars is
reasonable and certainly not out of line.

        I hope that my fellow racers will find the time to drop the Comp.
Board a line and support these requests.  Give your own reasons, but give it
to them.

                     David Wingett
            # 64 TR6 E- Prod  Cin.Div.