fot

Re: Gas No gas MIG

To: "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: Gas No gas MIG
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:26:42 -0500
For all my work, including body panels, I use the Argon - Co2 gas bottle and
0.023" diameter MIG mild steel wire which is copper coated to keep it from
getting rusty when I'm not using it.  It works great.  I bought it 15 years
ago for my restorationand have been using it for the one I'm doing now.  It
has 3 settings.  I use the lowest setting to do butt welding (edge to edge
for smoothe results) as setting 2 for overlap joints where no one will be
able to see them.  For thicker pieces, I use the #3 (High) setting.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A