fot

RE: Gas No gas MIG

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com '" <WEmery7451@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Gas No gas MIG
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:01:38 -0800
 I have both a Lincoln MIG that I love and a Craftsman that I despise. I
don't recall the model of the Lincoln, but it wasn't the bottom of the
line and it wasn't inexpensive. the Lincoln is 220, and I think the
Craftsman is too, though I haven't used it in so long I don't recall. I've
thought of setting up the craftsman exclusively for light sheet metal,
since that's all it would be good for, but the feed seems erratic which
would preclude even that.

You need to be able to control both current and feed speed to use a MIG
with a range of materials.

You also MUST have a automatic helmet. Best thing since sliced bread. I
can wear reading glasses under mine, and even tried mounting a pair,
though it turned out to be more trouble than it was worth.