fot

Re: Fuel pumps

To: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:19:07 -0600
At 11:11 AM 3/30/03 -0600, Allen Washatko wrote:

>Thanks Mark,
>
>It looks like I will be going with a Facet pump and regulator. They sell two
>types - one that is solid state and an interrupter type. The solid state
>tends to overheat so I'm told. Will use  the interrupter w/4-5 psi
>regulated. You can find Facet Fuel Pumps on the web. Pegasus also sells
>them. People I've talked to say they have had them in their cars for 3-5
>years with no problems.
>Good luck!
>
>Allen

Allen,

Note that if the interrupter style pump has a diaphragm, that could be a
weak point in the pump depending on what additives are in the fuel. This
may not apply to racing gas, but I had several failures in my street
TRiumph of diaphragm style interrupter pumps due to the oxygenated fuels
that are EPA mandated for our area. After some research, it was discovered
that the oxygenates were attacking the rubber diaphragm. Again, this may
not be an issue with racing gas, but it something to look into before you buy.

Irv Korey
63 TR4 #58