fot

RE: Fuel pumps

To: "'Allen Washatko '" <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel pumps
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:28:43 -0800
 I haven't had one apart, but they click like a diaphragm pump. Might be a
piston instead of a diaphragm. I don't know that there is any pump other
than the super-expensive racing ones that are particularly reliable, or
any mechanism that is inherently superior. All these things are built to a
price, and it's low.

Whatever you choose, if you're going to race, use two. After you spend a
couple hundred bucks to get to the track, a few hundred more on entry
fees, and everything else it costs to race (NEVER add it all up)you'll be
really pissed if you wind up on the back straight with a dead pump.