fot

fuel system questions

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel system questions
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:32:28 -0600
All this talk about fuel pumps has me wondering about
another aspect of the fuel delivery system, inertia switches.

Currently Susan's spitfire does not have one installed, nor
does it have a low oil pressure switch that would cut off the
pump either.

Seems like it would be prudent to install one or both of the
above items.  For the inertia switch I'mwondering if they pose
problems on race cars.  Pegasus sells a unit for $65 that I
would hope would work on a race car.  Any thoughts on this
one?

As for the oil pressure switch, seems this should be used no
matter what.  I'm assuming that when first cranking the
engine over to start oil pressure would be generated fairlly
quickly, especially with the use of an accusump to aid in
starting.  Am I missing something here?!

Brad
1957 TR3 vintage racer