fot

Re: fuel system questions

To: twakeman@cruzers.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel system questions
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:53:23 EST
In a message dated 4/3/2003 10:49:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
twakeman@cruzers.com writes:

> I used to own a 1970's Saab.  That vehicle had relays on everything....It
> the 5 or 6
> years i owned that car I never experienced a relay failure.

You're lucky it was a Saab and not a Volvo, especially a Belgian-assembled
Volvo. Volvo occasionally did really bright things such as locate apparently
oversensitive relays near high-heat sources or near batteries that seemed to
give off far too much acid. Meanwhile, I don't recall if I ever had to
actually REPLACE any relays on the one Saab 99 I had, but I sure had to
remove, clean contacts and replace them every so often. ;-)

--Andy Mace

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and
those who don't."