fot

Re: Accusump operation

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Accusump operation
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:40:39 EDT
Good Morning Jack,
Glad you guys got home safely with the VW in tow.  With the weather we saw it
must have been an interesting trip.
The Accusump is set up with an initial preload equal to the pressure you want
to maintain as a minimum.  In my case it's about 40 PSI when it's empty of
oil.  It'll take a couple seconds on the first startup to charge it with
engine oil and it will pump up to a pressure equal to engine oil pressure.
Most people will close the valve at that point to have the high pressure for
prelube on the next startup.  If you open the valve with the engine off the
oil will pump thru the engine at the forty PSI preload until exhausted.

Was that the question?

Regards, Steve

<<
 Questions for those of you who have an Accusump:

 I'd like to know what you see on the Accusump pressure gauge in relation to
 what you see on your oil pressure gauge.

 1. When you start your engine -- how low does the pressure shown on the
 Accusump gauge go? When the engine starts, how long does it take for the
 pressure on the Accusump gauge to reach its highest level? During this
 period, does the Accusump gauge read the same as your oil pressure gauge?

 2. While running, does the Accusump gauge read the same as your oil
 pressure gauge?

 Thanks! >>