fot

Re: Track Measurement Interpretations

To: rjl@gt-classics.com, rocky@tri.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Track Measurement Interpretations
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 00:16:37 EST
In a message dated 12/5/03 7:02:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rjl@gt-classics.com writes:

<< actually they measure from the outside of one tire to the inside of the
other, then do the reverse and average the two measurements. >>

I guess that this is what I better try to comply with, rather than risk
wasting money on another set of rims and not be able to use them.  I would like
thank everyone who responded to my question.

The front of a TR-3 may be able to accommodate zero offset rims, if the front
suspension has not been widen or a TR-4 frame has not been installed.  I have
been using one inch spacer plates on the front and am still under the
allowable width.  If a TR-4 rear axle housing is installed, the rear track
would be
greater than the allowable width using zero offset rims.

If I remember correctly, Jack Wheeler was using Centerline Wheels with a
three inch offset for his IRS TR-4.  He was using only 1/4 inch spacer plates
reach the maximum allowable track.