fot

Re: Cylinder Head Flow

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Flow
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:03:13 -0600
Jack,
I've been wondering about the reason for a constantly decreasing
crossection. Can you give a technical explanation why the taper
increases flow?  Decreasing area means increasing velocity and
increasing kinetic energy.  The pressure is also dropping, so the
density is dropping.  It must be explained by the Bernoulli equation?
Larry