fot

Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly....

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly....
From: "Timothy F. Murphy" <timmurph@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:14:28 -0600
I got stopped in Switzerland in the Alps between Switzerland and Italy.
The speed limit had been about 90 - 100 KPH.  Then there were three
short tunnels where the speed was 80, except the last tunnel, which was
60.   Cop car just past the tunnel.  The amazing thing is, they had made
a third tunnel to pull the cars over who were caught speeding!  One
North bound tunnel, one South bound tunnel and one to pull the cars over
to collect the fines.  Strangely, all the cars stopped seemed to be
either Mercedes, BMW's or Porsches.  And none with Swiss plates.  The
fine was $400 U.S.  There are still bandits in the Alps and they wear
uniforms.  There were about 7 or 8 cop cars in the tunnel for writing
tickets, plus one van that served as an "office".  I spent some time
there after expressing my dissatisfaction with the proceedings.
    Having been in other traffic courts, my advice is to find out what
the rules of evidence are and what the law states in Texas.  Not just
the statutes but also the case law.  And yes, your best defense is to
delay.  I won one case because the cop couldn't identify me.

Good luck,
Tim