fot

RE: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly....

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly....
From: "Timothy F. Murphy" <timmurph@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:24:39 -0600
My two cents on the cop thing;

My son is a Fond du Lac County (Wisconsin) Deputy Sheriff who is a
patrol officer.  Of course I think he's a good guy, I'm his Dad.  But
more, he's the department "gear head" and also my partner in our
rebuild/restoration of a TR-4 race car and he also has a TR-4 street car
that we both work on.
    He stopped one college student on Spring break for going something
like 75 MPH in a 55 MPH zone on a State Highway.  The student happened
to be driving a first generation Mazda RX-7 and he was polite.  Now,
Ryan also drives a 1979 RX-7 (as do I) so they started talking cars a
little bit.  Ryan told the student he got lucky and let him go with a
warning and the advice that not all cops drive RX-7's!!!
    Yes, there's good and bad in every profession.  Just hope you get
stopped by one of the good ones.  Your odds are pretty good because
there are a lot more "good" than "bad".

Tim