fot

Re: out of fuel- I think?

To: "Walt Hollowell" <walt@hot-tr6.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: out of fuel- I think?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 20:24:59 -0500
FWIW -- I've had occasions when he car seemed down on power that turned out
not to be fuel.

Once, I had my carbs on a borrowed engine. My engine worked fine with the
carbs but not the borrowed one, which would not turn over 5000 rpm. And
that's how I learned to run the carbs dry, no oil in the dashpots. The
borrowed one was built with a little more poop than mine had.

Once it was simply the coil giving out from the underhood heat. Old coil,
too.

Once a bad ignition wire.

All situations where backing off and cruising would get the car around the
track, but I could not push it. Always seemed like fuel. Never was.

Yours might be, or might not.

--Rocky