fot

Re: out of fuel- I think?

To: walt@hot-tr6.com
Subject: Re: out of fuel- I think?
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 23:29:07 -0600
Walt,
I would not think that pumps in series would be that much of an
improvement, though in parallel might do the job if there was enough line
to flow the volume.

Something that seems to be overlooked is pumping from a fuel cell. You
didn't mention having one, but as you might, most cells have to top
outlets that require the fuel to be lifted out of the cell from a point
much higher than the original tank outlet. It also is missing the head
pressure afforded by the tank bottom outlet. That has to be working
against the system.

Kastner stated that a line returning fuel to the tank causes fuel heating
that robs power. He made that comment when I suggested feeding full flow
and pressure to the carbs and bleeding off excess pressure and volume
after the carbs get their fill, returning the excess to the tank.

Webers typically get lean from fuel starvation on long straights. I don't
think you could do that at Sandia, but getting fuel pickups uncovered is
a possibility.

Just an FYI, talked to the tech guy at Union Oil last year for help
locating product locally. While we were talking he told me that the
octane requirement for a 2.0 litre GT-6,CR of 12:1 would allow for the
dilution of their 110 octane 1:10. I asked several times if that was 1
part race fuel to 10 parts premium unleaded. Small bore diameter has low
octane demands even at high CR. He said running it straight would only
add to his retirement fund.

Drive fast, take chances,
Bill

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!