fot

Re: VIR best race weekend of my life!

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: VIR best race weekend of my life!
From: JReed@wilsonsports.net
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:57:38 -0500
Wish I could say the same. Car wise it was a sad weekend, chasing ignition
problems all weekend.The Prince of Darkness strikes again! Thought it was
carbs because I messed with them since last race. Remessed them back to
where they were, same problem. Replaced my nice new plugs with funky old
ones and Zippy ran great for the qualifying race. Passed a lot of cars on
the start, only to be repassed at the end of the race, didn't have enough
laps with the car running good to push it. It's hard to learn a new track
when your racecar won't run.  In the Triumph race the car was bad from
pace lap on. Thought plugs fouled because of the long sit on false grid.
Changed plugs for final race same problem. We think it's the condenser.
I'm going to try electronic ignition. The car has always ran points since
it was built in 1970. Sorry if I got anybody's way.
   Besides car problems, had a great time with great people. Are Triumph
people the best or what? And how about the track, awesome! Zippy Racing
will be back.

John Reed.
#69 GT6

Please note my new email address is JREED@WILSONSPORTS.NET
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.