fot

Re: aluminum jacks

To: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Subject: Re: aluminum jacks
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:49:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I think UnKle Jack's response was tongue-in-cheek.

The $800 jacks are def. worth more than the $100 jacks. The question is -
with the $100 jobbies you can have spares, with the $800 jack you have the
reasonable expectation that the thing will last a long time.

But Triumph owners are used to have piles of spares around... I'm thinking
we'll see more of the $100 jobbies around the FOT paddock.

FWIW, the autocross crowd uses the $100 Harbor Frieght jobbies almost
exclusively. At the last couple of SCCA National Tour events that I'vebeen
at everyone had those things.

Me - I bought a $200 Craftsman unit. I figured the "middle of the road"
was a safe path. Kind of like my political views. :-)

rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |