fot

Re: Walter Mitty - MG TR Challenge April 2005

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Walter Mitty - MG TR Challenge April 2005
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:41:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/04 9:09:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jsnook@wcnet.org
writes:

> Maybe we could have a separate
> Triumph paddock roped off so we could just arrive the afternoon before and
> be ensured of a decent paddock spot.
>
> That's my suggestion AND the reason I have avoided the Mitty for the last 4
> or so years.  I love the event and the track, but not the hassle.

Jeff, et al:

This is one of the issues that we will be negotiating. We want to have a
dedicated MG/TR paddock area. Now, where would that be?

As you know, RA has limited paddock space and a lot of it is not level.

The lower area near turn one has both pavement and grass. I wouls think that
is one possibility. Another is iin the pro paddock on the infield side. I
think that would hold most of the MG/TR cars and rigs but we have to leave some
room for a number of tractor/trailers.

It may be possible to use another area in the infield. That of course would
require a drive over to the false grid.

Got any other ideas?

In any case, I think we can reserve spaces so you don't have toarrive so
early.

Jack Woehrle