fot

Re: FOT Project Pulley

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FOT Project Pulley
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:10:31 -0800
Hey Bill, just a little hydronic knowledge.  If a pump creates pressure on
the outlet side(block), it would have a lower pressure on the suction
side(radiator).  If this didn't happen you'd always be creating pressure and
it would blow apart the system.
The coolant wants to go back to area of lower pressure(radiator).  I
sometimes don't think of pumps as pushing the water, but more as sucking
water.
In heating systems, the pressure can exceed the open point of a pressure
relief valve (radiator cap) if it's done slowly or if sharply as in a spike.
Also remember, you increase the boiling point of water when you pressurize
it, which means you can run higher temperatures with out it turning to
steam.
I use a 20lb cap from a Stag.
Charly