fot

Re: FOT Project Pulley

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>, "Larry Young"
Subject: Re: FOT Project Pulley
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:41:49 -0600
I've never had anything but a stock radiator, and I wouldn't trust them at
higher pressures. I have been running pretty standard stuff, Hepolite
pistons, and have not had any #4 problems. I have always run the heater pipe
around to the back of the head per Ken Gilanders advice. I did get a little
water in the overflow bottle after each race. Larry has a big aluminum
radiator and he was experiencing water in the oil. No doubt that better
sealing of the figure 8's and head gasket oil interfaces would be in order,
but a simple reduction in water pressure reduced the risk of sending water
into the oil. At least I think that worked for Larry, but I'd better let him
answer himself. Larry is bumping up his engine program, and I think he had
forged pistons last time around. I don't know if he has torn that engine
down to see if he has anything to worry about. In the meantime, I listening
and learning as I will be going for more HP soon.
Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com