fot

Re: FOT Project Pulley

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FOT Project Pulley
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:10:11 -0500
At 09:01 AM 03/26/2005 -0600, Larry Young wrote:
>However, I've seen problems which I suspected were due to too much block
>pressure.

You got my interest. What kinds of problems?

>I'm hard headed, so it took a while for Kramer to convince me not to run
>more than a 7 psi cap.

Inquiring minds want to know... Why Bob?

>With separate liners that protrude above the block deck, our engines have
>many places to develop leaks at high pressure.

The wet liner engine is far from rocket science. Getting the figure 8
gaskets and liner protrusion right is the only tricky part.

>A better solution is to install a higher capacity radiator.

I did that too. A bigger radiator makes a big difference. On a TR4 it is
pretty cheap and easy.

But without addressing the lousy coolant circulation you are still going
get localized overheating. Combine that with really low block pressure and
you get the classic #4 overheat.