fot

Re: Soft Mounting SU's

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Soft Mounting SU's
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 11:22:55 -0600
I don't remember where I heard or read it, but I seem to recall that
one problem with the Thackery washers is that they fatique and crack
fairly often.  And one problem with the rubber cushion washers is that
they are destroyed in a short bit of time by gasoline.  So the thing to
di is use the rubber cushions on the top Weber mounting bolts where the
vibration load is the highest, and the Thackery washers on the bottom
two bolts.  Oh, and the rubber cushions and a cap make good valve cover
washers if you run out of the Honda Gold Wing seals.

mjb.