fot

RE: WATKINS GLEN

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: WATKINS GLEN
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:55:35 -0700
Hell, I'd love to go to Watkins Glen--and I will, once the airstream is
done.

Don't feel like an outsider, you sound a lot like me. My car racing history
started in a Rabbit in H Prod. At least you have a good idea of what you're
doing in vintage. I didn't have a clue--just built the best TR3 I could
manage with every trick I could think of short of a tube frame and nitrous.
Good thing that Baxter Culver decided to sell Peyote or I would have had to
spend at least a year making it legal.

To me the Glen is legendary, and my plan is to visit all the great tracks
(and not so great) and play on them all.

500 entries isn't really the biggest. Monterey gets well over 1000 per year
but only takes about 450. It's really a hard event to believe until you've
been there. Still, I'm looking forward to all these races. I DO think there
are some things broken in Vintage racing, but that doesn't mean it isn't
great.