fot

Re: decking a tractor engine block

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: decking a tractor engine block
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:25:10 -0500
Hi bob,

I knew about Mordy's thinner gaskets and will order as needed.  Thats
interesting about the deck of the block not being parallel to the bottom.
If that's true I wonder how the did the machining?  When you use a boring
plate on top of the engine with the liners clamped in place the block is
sitting on a flat surface perpendicular to the boring head.  That would
tell me the bottom is parallel to the top, or am I missing something?

Brad