fot

Re: decking a tractor engine block

To: brad.kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: decking a tractor engine block
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 01:25:35 GMT
I have 15/1000 in. off of my block.  I still use the "stock" steel figure 8
gaskets, but have to machine the bottom sealing area of each liner on my lathe
to get the right height.  I also have to take about the same amount off of the
tops of the pistons to allow enough clearance to the head.  The steel figure 8
gaskets that I have been using are 14/1000 thick.  Joe(B)

-- "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com> wrote:
How much can be safely removed from a wetliner engine block before having
problems with finding figure 8 gaskets that will work?

Is it safe to take .005" to .010" off?

Thanks

Brad
1957 TR3 vintage racer