fot

Re: Front Mounting Plate-TR3/4 Engine

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, twakeman@razzolink.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Mounting Plate-TR3/4 Engine
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:15:03 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Jack W. Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>; fot@autox.team.net
Sent: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:58:46 -0500

  TerriAnn -- you just don't understand.

  I've drilled holes in my pedals and my backing plates because that
takes off, oh, maybe, 1/4 pound but more importantly it gives my
friends an obvious reason to ridicule me. Some of us pay hundreds of
dollars for things like aluminum water pump housings and distributor
bases! That all makes LOTS more sense than eating less. What good is a
hobby if you can't waste money on it?

======
Exactly! :-)

I find it intriguing that Dave @ Canley Classics in the UK seems
he**-bent on eventually reproducing almost every major heavy bit on the
smaller Triumphs in either CNC-machined billet or cast aluminium: front
and rear engine plates, diff casings, engine blocks and heads, etc.,
etc. So maybe someday I could have the world's lightest stock-appearing
-- yet "screaming" -- Herald sedan or convertible. :-)

--Andy  Mace (nowhere near as "light" as I was in high school 35 years
ago....)

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>