fot

RE: [FOT] Detroit Locker

To: "'J.C. Hassall'" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Detroit Locker
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:18:04 -0700
Quaife's don't seem very useful for racing, except as a way to smooth out
your driving. Better than an open diff, but you'll still get a lot of wheel
spin, they just transfer some of the power to the ground. They call it
torque biasing.

Personally, I prefer Salisbury rear ends to either, and I can't say that
you've wasted your money since I have all three, and a welded rear end as
well. You might go ahead and try the Quaife, I ran one for three years in
Peyote and did just fine. But I didn't like the way it came out of tight
corners (to be specific, it didn't) so I switched to a Tran-X and never
looked back. I'd offer my alternatives for sale, but I have three TR3 or
TR3-based projects in my shop so I have plans for all of them.