fot

Re: [FOT] Detroit Locker

To: m-syork@comcast.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [FOT] Detroit Locker
From: malaboge@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:14:54 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark York <m-syork@comcast.net>
To: fot@autox.team.net
Sent: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:47:41 -0700
Subject: [FOT] Detroit Locker

    I just finished installing the rear axle with a Detroit Locker in
the TR3
racer. What's the best lubricant to use, I was thinking about Amsoil
Severe
Gear synthetic lubricant (75W-90)? Is there a better choice?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Mark-

With the locker you don't have to worry about clutches et al, so
whatever fluid you like will work just fine.  Depending an what sort of
driving you do with this puppy, the weight of the oil may be a
consideration. Some folkes use severe duty oil such as Redline heavy
duty oil for racing, but the type of oil (or its additives - no need
for the posi additives) do not matter as much.

The biggest issue with the locker is in the drivers seat...partial
throttle in a corner will be unsettling. Keep your foot in it and steer
is the best attitude!

The Detroit locker is THE best diif in your car. Have fun with it!

Been locked for years...
           Nick in Nor Cal
and IM. All on demand. Always Free.