fot

RE: [FOT] Detroit Locker

To: tony@tonydrews.com
Subject: RE: [FOT] Detroit Locker
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:53:19 -0400
Tony Drews wrote:

>I just found the Tran-x website.  They shows a plate type LSD for a TR-6.
>I assume it will fit a TR-4 as well?  Any hints on who sells them / how
>much?  Looks like a similar setup to the Salisbury, but I can't find a
>place to compare prices...

The Tran X diff looks totally different to the Salisbury.  Compare
pix at:
http://www.tran-x.com/DiffsHTML/diffImages/TR6.jpg
and
http://triumph.hottr6.com/Mods/SalisburyLSD.jpg

Don't know how the Tran X works, but I do like my Salisbury.
I find it very sensitive to front/rear sway bar settings, but get it
right and it's magic.  I can almost steer on throttle alone, with
little input to the steering wheel.

FWIW, I use 5/8" rear bar (solid) and a 1" bar (hollow) up front.
Fully adjustable with rod-ends.

Shane Ingate in Maryland
"Anyone can restore a car.  It takes a man to cut one up".