fot

Re: [FOT] Speaking of Konis

To: dave@microworks.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Speaking of Konis
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:31:13 EDT
In a message dated 7/31/2006 10:23:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave@microworks.net writes:

Sounds like you are a student of the Burt Munro (World's Fastest
Indian) school of race vehicle maintenance.  For those that have not
seen here is Burt's idea of a racing slick....

4. Use can of Kiwi  brand black shoe polish and a rag to fill in the cracks.

If it worked  for Burt I'm sure a can of Krylon should work for some Koni's.

Hmmm...  Kiwi, Krylon, Koni's.  Sounds a little suspicious to me.

==AM==
...and more than a bit alliterative. You've "pegged" me, Dave. Heck,  these
would be for a street Herald, anyway. ;-)

Funny you should mention Kiwi: yesterday I took some of that white polish
(for white bucks and nurse shoes) and tried it on the badly aged white rubber
bumpers on my Herald. Not bad, until I ran out....

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a  jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your,  er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty  Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph  Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)